Even though I’m vegan (okay, I just started :D) I still want to eat all sorts of great delicious things like cakes and sweets. That’s why I tried this delicious vegan brownies recipe and what can I say, it’s absolutely amazing!
I need to point out this recipe is not completely invented by me, but inspired by Jamie Oliver. He also has some great vegan recipes so feel free to have a look at those too!
200g dark chocolate
170g self-raising flour
3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
180g golden caster sugar (you can also use normal caster sugar if you like)
1 vanilla pod
150g nuts (pecan or walnuts)
230 ml vegan milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
5 tbsp sunflower oil
pinch of salt
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 180° C. Get a baking tin (about 20×20 cm) and put some baking paper in.
- Time for melting the chocolate! Bring a pan filled with some water to boil and put 150g of your chocolate in a glass bowl. Now put the glass bowl over the pan so the chocolate can melt while you’re preparing the brownie mix.
- Get a large bowl to sieve in the flour and the cocoa powder, then add the sugar and a pinch of salt. De-seed the vanilla pod and add the seeds to your mixture. Now add the melted chocolate, the oil and milk and stir it till you get a smooth mix.
- Chop the remaining chocolate into pieces and add it to your mixture. If you haven’t bought chopped nuts you need to do the same with them and add about 125g, the rest is for the top.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and add the remaining nuts on top. Now put it in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Patience! After you’ve got your brownies out they need to cool down a bit before you cut them (Give them about 5 to 10 minutes to cool)
- Last but not least: Enjoy! (And don’t forget to tell me if you liked them!)
Tadaaa! Your delicious vegan brownies are done! And this is how they look like (well, how the ones I made looked like!)
I obviously want to try more amazing vegan recipes so feel free to share some of your favourite ones with me! 🙂